Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Shh! Boss man is trying to work Facebook and needs to concentrate!

When I went in to talk to B-Dub about something urgent at the end of the day, I noticed he was enveloped in his phone conversation. So naturally, I took a seat (to emphasize how important I am) and  listen in. (Who doesn't like some good gossip? Not this chick!)

I waited about 10 minutes and the conversation bored me, so I decided to return to my desk and continue fixing crap I had no hand in screwing up (the story of my work life!)

About another 10 minutes later, B-Dub EMAILED me that he was off his call. (Does it really take LESS time/ energy to email someone than to pick-up a phone and dial an extension, or scream at me - 20 feet away? I defer to B-Dub's infinite wisdom.)

Anywho, when I went to his office, he apologized for having to continue his call. (You know it's a good day when the boss is apologizing to you -- rightfully so, I should say.) He explained how he was looking up someone on Facebook and couldn't figure out how to use it.

Now, he has asked ME to get him Facebook info on someone, but I didn't realize it was because he was so disabled that he didn't know HOW to do it himself.

Welcome to the real world, dude! He has an iPhone. I told him to get the app -- Maybe I'll send him an email about how to get it, along with info about the moon landing and other advancements of man.

I think sometimes I'm in the Truman Show, except, instead of real people, they threw in those cavemen from the TV commercials, just to see if stupidity is contageous. I hope not!

No comments:

Post a Comment